Disruptive Drama (DD) costs you
Executives report that without DD their departments would be over
- Disruptive Drama is workplace drama that gets in the way of effective problem-solving.
- Disruptive dramatists consistently overreact and/or overexaggerate the importance of benign events and attempt to shift focus from business objectives to their agendas/themselves.
- Common behaviors include petty complaints/blaming, overly emotional responses, lack of initiative/ownership, disrespecting others, and insubordination.
- 71% report that DD takes focus away from business goals.
- 58% say that DD makes their department less competitive/innovative.
- 75% report that DD makes their team less effective/less efficient.
Executives report that weekly, they spend more than
of their time dealing with DD
Executives report that DD is on the rise
more than just 5 years ago
- 75% report that DD causes unnecessary escalation of issues.
- 63% report that DD makes it hard to keep and recruit good people.
- 30% of junior execs report that DD makes them dread going to work & want to look for a new job.
Source: Our Corporate Life Workplace Drama Index, a nationwide quantitative survey developed in conjunction with Capitol One, 2/2018.